Save the Date: Winter Wonderland Auction Nov. 11 @ 7-11 p.m.
We support the young families of Riverdale.
The South Riverdale Child-Parent Centre is a haven for parents, caregivers and children to play, learn and grow. Imagine a place where babies and young children are given the opportunity to interact and play with a variety of age-appropriate toys, and parents are supported by the staff in learning new parenting skills.
A neighbour introduced me to the SRCPC when Charlie was just a few months old. It was a saving grace to have such a warm, safe and inviting environment to take him to throughout the year. Both he and I have made lasting friends, and I felt it was such an important part of the community that I joined the board! Charlie is 6 now, and still gets excited to go to the drop in and play! Thank you for all the support you provide.
Christina Jackson, Mom and SRCPC Board Member
Let’s prevent the spread of illness!
If you or your child is ill, the best place to be is resting at home.
Please do not come to the drop-in if you or your child has:
- a fever
- If your child is younger than 2 years, stay home if their armpit temperature is 37.2°C (99° F) or higher
- If your child is 2 years or older, stay home if their ear temperature is 37.5°C (99.5°F) or higher or their armpit temperature is 37.2°C (99° F) or higher
- a rash that may be contagious (Please only come to the drop-in if your rash has been diagnosed as NOT contagious)
- pink eye or itchy, oozing, swollen eyes
- impetigo, ringworm, or pinworm
- a severe cold with fever, runny nose, sneezing, and/or a bad cough, and/or
- been vomiting (spit-up excluded).
Come back to the drop-in after you or your child has been symptom-free for 24-hours. (For a fever, symptom-free without Tylenol.)
You are welcome to call SRCPC while you are at home for support.